General Dental Council (GDC) Guidelines
At Broadway Dental Care we adhere to the General Dental Council's guidance: Standards for Dental Professionals. This document sets out the standards of conduct, performance and ethics that govern you as a dental professional. It specifies the principles, standards and guidance which apply to all members of the dental team.
It also sets out what patients can expect from their dental professionals.
There are nine principles registered dental professionals must keep to at all times.
Visit the GDC website
- Put patients' interests first
- Communicate effectively with patients
- Obtain valid consent
- Maintain and protect patients' information
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients' best interests
- Maintain, develop and work within your professional knowledge and skills
- Raise concerns if patients are at risk
- Make sure your personal behaviour maintains patients' confidence in you and the dental profession